When moving to Wilber, you will need to know the following information to set up utilities.
- The City of Wilber requires a completed application and deposit of $250 for utilities. You are required to put at least $125 down and we will put the second half of your deposit on your first bill. ($125). The deposit will be refunded to real estate owners after one consecutive year of non-delinquent utility bills and to renters after two consecutive years of non-delinquent utility bills. The application will need to be taken to the City Office, located at 110 W 3rd Street. Application can be printed by clicking here.
- There is a new account service charge of $10 on electric and $5 on water which will be on your first month’s bill.
- Electric, Water, Sewer and Garbage are billed monthly.
- The electric meters are read on or around the 15th of each month.
- The water meters are read quarterly (March, June, Sept & Dec) – during the months the water meters are not read, the usage is estimated. Therefore, on the months when water is read you may see an increase or a credit if the estimate was too much or too little.
- The bills are sent to you on the last day of that month. The bill is due by the 10th of the month and considered late after the 20th of the month. If the bill is not paid by the 20th, there will be a $10 late charge for electric, $5 on water and $5 on sewer.
- Residential garbage service is $19.34 per month and is picked up on Mondays between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The Garbage Company asks that you set your garbage out on the curb the night before or by 6:00 a.m. on Mondays. Your garbage must be placed in the tote supplied by the Garbage Company (PLEASE PLACE THE TOTE WITH THE LID OPENING TOWARD THE STREET).
- The Garbage Company also offers recycling pickup for no extra charge. For your initial tote, you will contact the City Office. For any additional totes or switching out, you will contact Waste Connections at the number above.
- You must contact the Post Office at 224 W Third in Wilber to set up a mailing address for your new residence whether you will receive your mail by home delivery or at a Post Office Box. We ask that if you have a P.O. Box number and phone number that you notify us of these as soon as possible.
- You may mail us your payment, bring it to the City Office at 110 West Third Street or put it in the night drop box on the west side of the Cultural Center bldg. Our Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- There is a $15 fee for any checks returned to us for insufficient funds. Payment can be by cash, personal check, money order or credit or debit cards. (credit & debit cards are charged an additional fee of 2.49%)
- If you have any questions or concerns, please notify us at the City Office at 402-821-3233.