Background Check Requirements
Background checks are required for all head coaches, assistant coaches and any other volunteer that will be on the field or in the dugout with the players during practice and games. If you are filling one of these roles, your background check must be completed before you can participate in practice or games.
The level of competition is going to increase at this level and continue to increase as the age of the player and skillset increases. As you will see below, teams will travel to play other towns and will participate in tournaments.
- Age Requirements
- 8U – This level of play is essentially coach-pitch. Ages 7 & 8 (age control date August 31 of previous year).
- 10U – Players will start to see a more competitive edge at this level. Ages 9 & 10
- 12U – Ages 11 & 12 (age control date August 31 of previous year).
- 14U – Ages 13 & 14 (age control date August 31 of previous year).
- 16U – Ages 15 & 16 (age control date August 31 of previous year).
- Registration | Season Information
- Registration will open on February 1st through March 1st.
- Cost: $65.00
- Registration cost covers:
- Insurance coverage, equipment costs, league dues, league tournament fees.
- Registration cost covers:
- Season runs March through June.
- Late registration has been granted in the past but is not guaranteed so make sure to register within the deadline.
- Practice – Starts mid to late March, depending on weather conditions and will run through June. Practice is set by the coach but you can expect two to three times per week up to the start of game play. Practices after games have started will be at the discretion of the coach. Most teams will continue to practice on weekends.
- Start the second week in May and you can plan on at least two games per week through the end of June.
- Tournaments are held the 3rd week/weekend of June (this is subject to change if there are circumstances that warrant a change). League tournaments rotate each year for each division so that every town in the League gets the opportunity to host. These are set years in advance. Though rare, there may be years when your player’s age group will play tournaments in a town that does not have a team for that age group.
- Uniform – the parents are responsible for ordering a jersey for their player and a pair of black pants. See specific information below:
- The store will open on the 3rd Monday of March. The link will be shared with parents through email and TeamSnap. The email typically comes directly from the vendor.
- The store will remain open through the 3rd Monday of April to allow for any changes to be made, if necessary, before games start.
- Travel – For season games, travel will be anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 ½ hours. Parents are responsible for getting their players to the games or arranging transportation.
2024 Sign Up Link