The City Compote Site will be opening back up for the season, starting on Wednesday, April 12th! See hours below.
Wednesdays 5:00p – 8:00p
Saturdays 1:00p – 4:00p
Keys for the dump can be signed out at the City Office during business hours and must be returned the same business day by 4:30pm.
1 1/2 Miles North of 1800 & Highway 41 – Taking highway 41, drive 4 miles west of Wilber. At county road 1800, turn north and drive 1 1/2 miles. The compost site is on the east side of the road.
- No Large Tree Trunks – 10 inches in diameter or larger will not be accepted
- No Bags of Any Kind (This includes but is not limited to, trash bags, paper bags and compostable bags)
- No Lumber of Any Kind (This includes but is not limited to, Pallets, Scrap Lumber and Cardboard)
- No Furniture
- No Appliances
- No Animal Carcasses
- No Trash of Any Kind
Grass & Brush (Signs are located at the compost sight to direct you)
- Leaves & grass will be accepted but all litter must be removed before dumping at the compost site.
- Grass and brush must be separated. There are separate locations for each.
- Flowers and garden waste must be put in the specified area.
IF YOU SEE GARBAGE AT THE LANDFILL OR SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR, REPORT IT TO THE CITY OFFICE IMMEDIATELY!
***Anyone caught dumping garbage will be prosecuted and banned from the site***