The information below regarding rules, regulations and codes of the City of Wilber that need to be followed.
- BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED for any building, addition, outbuilding, fences, sidewalks, driveways ect.. Building permit applications and building regulations are available at the City Office. Also you MUST call DIGGERS HOTLINE (dial 811 on you phone) THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE ANY DIGGING TO ALLOW FOR UTILITY LOCATES.
- A six foot (6″) tall, closed fence shall be required on any residential property that has a swimming pool.
- NO GRASS CLIPPINGS discharged from a lawn mower shall be allowed to enter into a street or remain on a street. The grass plugs up the storm sewer system.
- ALL UNNECESSARY VEGETATION, GRASS OR WEEDS shall not be allowed to grow to a height of twelve inches (12″) or higher. City will give a ten (10) day notice to mow if found in violation, and if not mowed, the City will mow the property and bill the property owner for mowing.
- DO NOT POUR GREASE DOWN DRAINS as it plugs the sewer system.
- DO NOT FLUSH WIPES OF ANY KIND (including flushable wipes) as they plug the sewer system.
- SIDEWALKS are to be kept clear of snow during the winter months. Residential areas shall be cleaned within five (5) hours after the cessation of the storm or 10:30 a.m. if the storm or snow fall has taken place during the night.
- NO PARKING is allowed on residential street for more than seventy-two (72) hours consecutively. Once every 72 hours a vehicle has to be moved by having the vehicle move under its own power.
- ALL MOTOR VEHICLES, whether parked on private property or public streets must have current plates and registration.
- PARKING on 3rd Street between Main and School Streets, and Wilson Street between 2nd and 4th Streets, shall not exceed four continuous hours. (Downtown area)
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RUN AT LARGE. All dogs must be in a fully enclosed fence, or on a leash if kept outside. No dog shall be walked in the City unless it is controlled by a leash.
- DOGS ARE TO HAVE CURRENT CITY TAGS, renewable each calendar year, and must show proof of rabies vaccination before being allowed to purchase a dog license. Licenses are available for $6.50 at the City Office. (There are specific rules regarding Pit Bulls, please inquire at the City Office for regulations)
- IF A DOG IS CAUGHT RUNNING AT LARGE the dog will be taken to the Crete Vet Clinic for boarding. Boarding fees and any other fees required by the Crete Vet Clinic will have to be paid to pick up the dog.
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED to bark, howl or yelp continuously and frequently so as to disturb the peace of the neighborhood.
- It shall be unlawful to have more than three (3) dogs, or more than five (5) cats per residence.
- It is unlawful to have any domestic farm animal inside the City limits (horse, mule, sheep, cow, goat, swine or other livestock) No chickens or fowl are allowed in the City unless you have written consent of all residents that live within 150 ft of your residence and filed at the City Office).
- It is a violation of the PUBLIC NUISANCE CODE to butcher any animal for meat in the open on any property within the City, unless processed at a recognized business established for that purpose.
- The City has a PUBLIC NUISANCE CODE that covers a wide range of issues regarding the status of buildings, property and all other things specifically designated as a nuisance. Code 4-302.
GOLF CART / UTV / ATV RULES
- ANNUALLY you must register with the City Office (complete a registration form, provide proof of liability insurance, pay a fee of $25 annually, display the registration sticker provided by the City on the driver’s side front of the unit)
- Operated on City Streets between sunrise and sunset.
- Must have a valid Class O operator’s license or farm permit and a minimum of 17 years old, or older to operate unit.
- Cannot travel faster than 20 mph and you are required to operate it in a safe manner.
- Must display an ORANGE safety flag that extends to five feet or higher from the ground
- Cannot be operated on State Highways within the City except to cross a highway at a ninety degree angle.
- Must obey all traffic laws while being operated.
- Can be operated on a State Highway during the actual course of a Parade authorized by the City.
- Must have headlight and taillight. These lights are required to be on when crossing a State Highway
OTHER OFF ROAD DEVICES
- If operated with a steering wheel and driver / passenger sit on a bench type seat, rules are same as Golf Cart / UTV
- Rules are the same as Golf Carts EXCEPT operator and passenger MUST wear a SAFETY HELMET